Committee 40 Mission Statement
Compile, promote, and communicate the value of recommended practices in support of an enhanced safety culture for the railroad community which is free of injury and fatality.
- Moving away from "Rules Compliance" and into a role of RWP Application focus
- Primary Focus: Hazard recognition and mitigation with Maintenance of Way applications and construction activities.
- Develop Recommended Practices for "Effective Job Briefings"
- Develop understanding of hazard recognition & mitigation
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- OSHA impact on railroad operations
- System safety approach & Risk reduction