AREMA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AREMA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AREMA staff, service providers, and others are expected to act responsibly at AREMA Events. The information provided below applies to all AREMA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AREMA but held in conjunction with AREMA events, in public or private facilities.
At most AREMA networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. AREMA expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. AREMA and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason and may require a participant to leave the event.
Personal Safety and Security
AREMA works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to AREMA staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any AREMA staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.