Code of Conduct
Approved by the Board of Governors on March 12, 2019
AREMA is committed to supporting an active dialogue and fostering a welcoming community at AREMA-sponsored events to ensure that all participants can participate in a safe comfortable environment free from harassment. Harassment takes many forms, and may be, but is not limited to: words, signs, jokes, pranks, intimidation, undue interruption of any AREMA event, speaker or session, physical contact, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, stalking, other verbal or physical contact of a sexual nature, vulgar or abusive language, or violence as it relates to race, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by local, state or federal laws
. We expect all employees, attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, guests, and exhibitors at AREMA-organized events to help us ensure a safe and positive environment.
Harassing behaviors have no place in a healthy learning environment and will not be tolerated. If a person engages in such conduct, appropriate action(s) will be taken, including, removal from the meeting without refund, possible restriction from future events; or other actions as may be deemed appropriate.
Individuals who witness or experience inappropriate conduct should report such conduct to the AREMA Executive Director, AREMA Staff, or Chair of the event. Any person submitting a complaint must be acting in good faith and have reasonable ground for believing the information disclosed indicates a violation of this Policy. Any allegations that prove to have been made maliciously or knowingly to be false will be viewed as a serious disciplinary offense.
AREMA will promptly investigate all reports of harassment. All investigations/actions taken will be handled confidentially in accordance with applicable legal requirements with the guidance of AREMA’s Legal Counsel.
Photographic Images or Video
Registration and participation in AREMA Events and other activities constitute an agreement by the registrant to allow AREMA’s use of any image and distribution via news and promotional material, in print, electronic and other media, including the AREMA website (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions and audios of such events and activities without compensation. All media becomes the property of AREMA. Media may be displayed, distributed, or used by AREMA for any purpose.
Hold Harmless Agreement
As a condition of my participation in an AREMA meeting or event, I hereby waive any claim I may have against AREMA and its officers, directors, employees, or agents, or against the presenters or speakers, for reliance on any information presented and release AREMA from and against any and all liability for damage or injury that may arise from my participation or attendance at the program. I acknowledge that participation in AREMA events and activities brings some risk and I do hereby assume responsibility for my own well-being.
Health & Meeting Safety
AREMA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AREMA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AREMA staff, service providers, and others are expected to act responsibly at AREMA Events. The information provided below applies to all AREMA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AREMA but held in conjunction with AREMA events, in public or private facilities.
The health and safety of AREMA event attendees is our top priority. Guidance from the CDC, federal, state, and local authorities regarding COVID-19 protocols and precautions will be monitored. AREMA will inform attendees of all health and safety measures, and requirements for attendance as recommendations arise or change ahead of any AREMA event. By participating and attending AREMA events, you agree and must comply with health and safety protocols published by AREMA and local health officials
At most AREMA networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. AREMA expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. AREMA and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason and may require a participant to leave the event.
Personal Safety and Security
AREMA works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to AREMA staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
- If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any AREMA staff member or the on-site security
Virtual Meeting Policies
- The recording or transmissions of any education sessions, presentations, demos, videos, or content in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, on meeting platform, or at other events organized by AREMA throughout the virtual meeting is prohibited. All participants must comply with the instructions of the instructors and any AREMA virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitations for services. AREMA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Any direct selling of products/services offered by speakers, industry partners, or consultants on the virtual platform is prohibited.
- Participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity in the virtual space.