Calendar Year Dues - $210 USD
- The dues year is January 1 through December 31.
- Dues received from October 1 to December 31 are valid through the following year.
- A Group Dues Discount is available for 20 or more members, email email@example.com for more information.
AREMA is a professional, individual membership organization and does not offer corporate membership. Membership is in the name of a person and not that of a company.
May vote and comment on technical committee ballots.
- A railway engineer or other railway employee with supervisory or technical responsibilities, who has had not less than three years experience in the design, construction, or maintenance of railway infrastructure, related materials, or maintenance of way equipment.
- An employee of a contractor or manufacturer with supervisory or technical responsibilities engaged in the engineering, construction, manufacture, or maintenance of railway infrastructure, materials or maintenance-of-way equipment, who has at least three years of railway related engineering and/or technical experience. Time spent in marketing or sales shall not be used in determining qualifications for a Member.
- A dean, professor, assistant professor, or equivalent in an accredited college or university, who with an appropriate degree, has at least three years experience in teaching subjects related to railway infrastructure.
- A member or other employee of a public board, commission, or other official agency, who in the discharge of their regular duties has dealt with railway infrastructure issues for at least three years.
- A consultant, engaged in the design, construction, or maintenance of railway infrastructure, or an engineer employed by a technical service or research and development organization, who has at least three years of railway related research, engineering and/or technical experience.
- An employee of a trade or technical publication who, in the discharge of their duties, deals with railway matters, and who has at least three years related engineering and/or technical experience.
May provide comments on technical committee ballots, but do not have voting privileges.
- Any individual not qualifying as a Full Member, whose experience and interest may provide valuable support to the Association.
- Involved in sales or marketing for a railway supplier company.
Technical Committee Voting Privileges
AREMA publishes best practices for the development and advancement of the railway industry. These manuals are used as a foundational standard in designing, building and maintaining railroads and related infrastructure. Therefore, AREMA Technical Committees work year-round to update and revise these publications and are committed to technical excellence. Both Full and Associate Members may join and contribute to the work of these committees.
Full Members - May vote and comment on technical ballots.
Associate/Student Member - May provide comments on technical ballots, but do not have voting privileges.